How long do wiper blades last on a car?
Most makers of windshield wipers recommend that you replace them every six to 12 months. Some say the blades can last two to three years, but that’s dependent on everything from blade material to where you live.
How do I know if my wiper blades need replacing?
6 Signs It’s Time to Get New Wiper Blades
- Rubber Problems. Take a close look at your windshield wipers. …
- Windshield Streaks or Film. When your wipers cause streaks on your windshield, it’s pretty obvious, especially if you’re caught in snow or rain. …
- Chattering Sounds. …
- Bent Frames. …
- Bad Windshield Contact. …
- Season Changes.
How often do wiper blades need to be replaced?
Wiper blades should be replaced about every twelve months. However, colder climates may require replacement sooner. This video shows some of the signs to look for that may indicate it is time to replace your wiper blades. Click here for instructions on replacing your wiper blades.
What happens if you don’t change wiper blades?
If left unchanged for too long, the material of the blade can shred and break loose from the arm. This can actually cause damage to your windshield, as the metal or hard plastic of the arm scrapes across the glass.
Can wiper blades last 3 years?
Windshield wiper blades can last anywhere from six months to a year on average. Blade lifespan can vary because of a variety of factors, including cleaning frequency, environmental factors and exposure to sunlight.
How much does it cost to change windshield wipers?
The average cost for a windshield wiper blade replacement is between $23 and $38. Labor costs are estimated between $8 and $12 while parts are priced between $15 and $26. Estimate does not include taxes and fees.
Does AutoZone install wiper blades for free?
Most places, including AutoZone, O’Reilly and Advance Auto Parts will also replace your wiper blades for free if you buy them at their store. Really, if you buy wiper blades, chances are the place you’re buying them from will put them on for you at no cost.
How can I make my windshield wipers last longer?
How to Make Your Windshield Wipers Last
- Clean Every 3 Months. Dirt and grime can accumulate under the wiper blades over time. …
- Use a Rubber Protectant. Using a rubber protectant after cleaning can extend the life of the wiper blade. …
- Use Quality Wiper Blades. Quality windshield wipers are made with the best materials.