Every now and then we run into an event that we think would be interesting to our readers. So this week we’d like to invite you to the Walt Disney Concert Hall to experience the latest in CATIA. This free seminar is scheduled for Tuesday, September 17th and is free for anyone interested in CATIA, ICEM, networking with other users, a tour of the Concert Hall or listening to a great lineup of speakers.
If you have never toured the Walt Disney Concert Hall, all I can say is the Frank Gehry designed building is spectacular. As a child I wanted to be a car designer, but a lack of understanding how to go about it (and most likely a lack of talent too) led to an early career in architecture. When I saw some of his sketches, they made me feel a little uncomfortable – something I now realize is a hallmark of great design. But when I experienced the finished building at the LA Auto Show Designer Party many years later I was amazed at how the shape and surfaces evoked sailing, another of my passions. The price of admission (register here) is worth a tour of the Hall all by itself.
In addition to the tour and networking, there are some great presentations on tap from some of the industry leaders in digital design like Ford and Tesla. In case you were not aware, Ford is in the top 10 of American companies in terms of the number of Design Patents that are issued. That means that Ford is in the company of Apple and Nike and ahead of all their automotive competition. And personally, I know I am not alone in my admiration of the Model S design – Robert Cumberford’s evaluation not withstanding. If interested, please click the registration button here: REGISTRATION.
AGENDA – 1:00 – 5:30 PM
- Welcome and Introduction
- Changing the Shape of Architecture Digitally – Rick Smith, President, Virtual Build Technologies – Architectural Innovation using CATIA Design for the Walt Disney Concert Hall
- CATIA for Creative Designers Technical Update – Sam Itskovich, Senior Technical Specialist, CATIA
- Ford Design Studio – CATIA Tools & Techniques – John Esser, Senior Digital Sculptor, Ford Motor Company
- ICEM Technical Update – Gerard Alcini, Senior Technical Specialist, CATIA
- The Story Behind the Model S – Antonio Lapuente, Senior Manager Digital Design, Tesla Motors, Inc.
- Guided Tour of Walt Disney Concert Hall
Please stay for a Networking Cocktail Reception immediately following the seminar, from 5:30 – 7:00 PM.
Seats are limited so please don’t delay in registering for this exciting event by clicking the registration button here: REGISTRATION